Notre-Dame-de-Beauvais Chapel

11 days ago, 19 views
The chapel was built in 1893 by the architect Henri Mellet who made a neo-Roman-inspired construction in granite and shale predominantly gray mitigated by the use of red brick. The building adopts a composition centered on a square mass with elevations surmounted by triangular pediments, dominated by a campanile and confined by four semicircular apses. Inside, the decor is absent except for a limestone colonnade and a frieze highlighting the berries. The chapel is lit by narrow windows decorated with stained glass windows.

Comments

No comments found.

SPONSORS