93 days ago,
Country Estonia, Järva county, Türi parish
Laupa estate was established at the beginning of the 17th century. A wooden house was built at the site in 1853-55 by the Taube family but it was burnt down by insurgents during the revolt of 1905.
The current building was designed by Tallinn-based architect Jacques Rosenbaum in 1910 and completed in 1913. The style is an eclectic neo-Baroque architecture with strong Art Nouveau and neo-Rococo influences. The manor is considered to be one of Rosenbaum’s most historically faithful buildings. The building is richly decorated with pilastres, half-columns, terraces, ballustrades, stucco garlands and rococo sea shells.